Thursday, October 18, 2012

More October Journal

The prompt for Friday 12th was Lyrics from a song. This isn't usually hard for me, I make a lot of pages with songs in mind but this one just didn't work for me. My first try was a very small solitary man walking at the bottom of a very large page. Nowhere Man? He was certainly nowhere. I ended up doing one of my favorites from Louis Armstrong. "What a Wonderful World"  I'm not really happy with it but ya gotta take the bad with the good. 

Oct 12 Song Lyrics

Mondays prompt was Stripes. At first the page resembled really bad wallpaper but after Owl moved in it was much better and he doesn't seem to mind.

Oct 15 - Stripes

Tuesday 16th was Spiraling. Which is a little on the silly side.

Oct 16 - Spiraling

Wednesday 17th was Rain. I went through several ideas with this one but when I ended up not being able to cover the mess underneath up . . . I painted it a very dark grey and drew on it with a white pencil. I'm actually pretty happy with it. Surprise! That almost 'never' happens!

Oct 17 - Rain

So here I am all caught up again. Until tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Loved seeing these! What a great quote by Bob Marley, and so true. I'm going to think of that next time I'm caught in a NYC downpour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every page is beautiful! As always. :) I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I commented on your photos over at BAJ, but just in case you see this first - I'm really enjoying seeing your pages! Love the bob Marley one especially, and the Louis Armstrong page reminds me of my mum!

    ReplyDelete