Monday, August 27, 2012

A New Journal Challenge

The Journal Challenge is from my ATC FUN group but I think the bigger challenge is getting it downloaded to Yahoo. The challenge was to make layers then cover them up. Okay that wasn't really the challenge. It was to make layers. I just felt like that was the challenge. Not an easy thing for me. But, I did it anyway. It didn't turn out as well as I would have liked but okay for a first time. There is way too much blue for my liking. The images are suppose to be outlined. It doesn't really look it. Oh well.
The picture and print are from an old calendar. It's also a 2 page spread which I also don't do very often. It was fun, so I guess I will have to do another one or two or three or . . .


Here are a few pages I worked on last week.

Crying Big Fat Martian Tears

Funky Hat Lady

Mom's wooden swan.

Today I am using some plastic packaging pieces and cutting out some stencils. I don't know what  possessed me. But they'll be great if I ever finish them.

1 comment:

  1. Great pages. I think you did a wonderful job with the background technique.
    What if you outlined the words in a color that contrasts with the blue? That might make the blue fade a bit more into the background. :-)

    I think your funky hatted lady is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete