Thursday, September 13, 2012

Blotter paper and a spook

I read a lot of blogs by artists of all kinds and it seems that most have that piece of scrap paper they use as a blot for all the excess paint. Then they use them for another project. They all look so good. Mine is always a really crappy looking brown. Do they plan these or just get lucky?

I use a lot of gesso-ed ? cardboard for my painting, and for my blotter paper. I had some ink left over from a card I made my mom, which I forgot to take a picture of. It just isn't in me to throw art supplies away. Gotta use it up then I can throw away what I painted. Weird I know. Here's what I came up with!


1 comment:

  1. It is beautiful! To me it looks like a mountain, and that time of night just before dawn when it gets a bit spooky. I love it! Definitely great use of your supplies. :)
    I actually keep even the ugly pieces because there is always something you could do with them. Even if they are brown. :) You could cut them into smaller shapes and use them as embellishments on packaging, or as collage pieces for your art journal or just for making tags. You wouldn't believe what kind of things I keep. LOL!

    ReplyDelete